Friday, August 20, 2010

Getting Started

Hmmm. My first blog. I have a couple of friends with blogs and I enjoy reading them, so I decided to give it a try myself. Some background about me is probably in order. I am IU Dad, meaning I am the father of a junior at Indiana University. That also means there is a constant drain on my checking account : "Hey Dad, have you mailed my rent check for this month?" It also means I have the joy of watching my son grow and mature into a responsible and dedicated man. More on Andrew later.
I am also a husband. As of August 30, Cecile and I will be married for 24 years. Quite a long time, calendar-wise, but I find myself thinking, "How can it have been 24 years?" "Surely, I've done the math wrong, because there is no way someone as young as myself could be married for 24 years!" Then reality hits me. "Dude, you are 47 years old!" "Pushing 50!" "2010-1986=24" No way around it. I have been married for 24 years. It also occurs to me that as of this year, I will be married longer than I was single!
I was born on June 21, 1963, a surprise for my 38 year old mother, 45 year old father, and 16 year old sister. Some of my earliest memories revolve around my sister, Lea, and hanging out with her friends at Frisch's Drive In in New Castle. We called it "The Frisbee" and all the cool kids hung out there. The music is what I remember the most. The soundtrack from the mid-60's was and remains incredible: The Beatles, The Stones, The Dave Clark Five, it was the British Invasion and I got hooked on the sounds and it is still my favorite music. Well, time is running short and I must get myself ready to head to work if I wish to remain gainfully employed, and I do. Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment